Mar 29, 2022

Zelenskyy, the Oscars, and Westies

 I made the mistake this morning of commenting on this photo on President Zelenkyy's Instagram account.

"You have the full support of this American, Mr. President." 

Two Ukrainians thanked me, a Russian said vile things, which then caused 104 more comments, arguments, etc. I learned my lesson. I will keep my thoughts to myself, or share here. It's not like President Zelenskyy will read it anyway.

I do want to share what he said when he posted the photo: 

"More and more people in the world are on the side of Ukraine, on the side of good in this battle with evil. And if politicians don't know how to follow people, we will teach them. This is the basis of democracy of our national character."

A lot of our politicians need to heed that and listen to the people they are supposed to be representing.

Battle with evil: 

'Peacemaker' Roman Abramovich flew to Russia to 'give Putin a handwritten note from Zelenksy dictating Ukraine's terms' in a bid to end war...but was told, "Tell him I will thrash them."


Слава Україні
________________________________________________________________________________

Did you watch The Academy Awards last night? Even if you didn't I'm sure you were told about the slap heard round the world. The best line from Will Smith's acceptance speech?

Denzel said to me a few minutes ago, he said, 'At your highest moment, be careful, that's when the devil comes for you.'

Too bad Denzel didn't give him that bit of advice sooner.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Something purely innocent and delightful to end the evening:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment