Apr 3, 2022

Once again the people’s blood Is streaming …

 

"Dear God, calamity again!
It was so peaceful, so serene;
We had just begun to break the chains
That bind our folk in slavery
When halt! Once again the people’s blood
Is streaming …"

Taras Shevchenko, Ukrainian poet, 1859 


My husband has been telling me to prepare myself, that the war in Ukraine is going to get much worse. I was still up last night/early morning when the news about the atrocities in Bucha hit the Ukrainian news. They are 7 hours ahead of me and the pictures were just starting to to be shown in the Telegram feeds of The Kyiv Independent and Ukraine Now. Ordinary people, some with their hands tied behind their back shot in the head including children, mass grave of about 300, some bodies had been partially burned, some decapitated, mutilated after death.

I have nothing intelligent to add. It's barbaric and evil and sends me to my knees begging God to stop this war.



No comments:

Post a Comment