Jan 15, 2013

Worn, Given Away, Shared



As I was writing "I'm Going on an Adventure" I had confided in a friend that I was hesitant about sharing such a personal story.  She replied, "Remember you're writing for yourself, first of all. Letting go of your thoughts and having no attachments to them once they're set free, can be healing."   She was absolutely right.

And guess what?  I'm going to share more about "The Hobbit."  Are you surprised?

Today's Joy Dare gratitude prompt:  a gift worn, given away, and shared (gifts 23,24,25).  After I took my 3 grandsons to see "The Hobbit" when we got back to my apartment, Devon, the eldest, asked if I had the book.  I said, "What do you think?" and he grinned.  I pulled off the shelf not only "The Hobbit" but also the "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy. They are yellowed with age and worn from so many readings.  I was thankful that I was able to share them with him but when I told him he could have them, the smile on his face, the excitement in his eyes -- that was a gift from him to me.

Has it only been a month since I first saw this movie?  I have viewed so many videos, read so many interviews, and still I don't tire of learning about how it was made and the actors' impressions.

The following video was new to me today.  It is about 20 minutes long, so get yourself a cup of tea, get comfy, and enjoy.


I also found this video, a modern trailer for "The Hobbit", starring, of course, Ian McKellen, Martin Freeman, and Richard Armitage, looking a bit more "normal" than they do in the movie.  I am always amazed at how creative some people are.  I enjoyed it immensely and think you will too.





If you're not tired of watching Hobbit videos, check out the production videos from director, Peter Jackson. They are fascinating!



Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, 
but that is not what I have found. 
I found it is the small everyday deeds of 
ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay... 
small acts of kindness and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment