Jan 8, 2020

O I want to know You more!

"Once we get intimate with Jesus we are never lonely and we never lack for understanding or compassion. We can continually pour out our hearts to Him without being perceived as overly emotional or pitiful.
The picture resulting from such a life is that of the strong, calm balance that our Lord gives to those who are intimate with Him."
~Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest

Oh how I long for that intimacy! But how many times I've turned to everything but Him to satisfy that longing.

Thanks be to God, that He pours His grace on me time and time again. Thank you Jesus that you keep wooing me back.

As I was reading this tonight, this song came to mind. I first heard it over 30 years ago when the church I was attending put on a musical by Steve Fry entitled "We Are Called."

It is the cry of my heart. 

"Just  the time I feel
That I've been caught
In the mire of self.
Just the time I feel
My mind's been bought
By worldly wealth.
That's when the breeze begins
To blow I know,
The Spirit's call
And all my worldly wanderings
Just melt into His love.

Oh, I want to know You more!
Deep within my soul I want to know You,
Oh, I want to know You.
To feel Your heart and know Your mind,
Looking in Your eyes stirs up within me,
Cries that says I want to know You
Oh, I want to know You more.
Oh, I want to know You more.

When my daily deeds
Ordinarily lose life and song,
My heart begins to bleed,
Sensitivity to Him is gone.
I've run the race but set my own pace
And face a shattered soul,
But the gentle arms of Jesus
Warm my hungering to be whole.

Oh, I want to know You more!
Deep within my soul I want to know You,
Oh, I want to know You.
And I would give my final breathe
To know You in Your death and resurrection,
Oh, I want to know You more
Oh, I want to know You more
Oh, I want to know You more"


No comments:

Post a Comment