Jul 7, 2018

It's Not a Race, It's a Journey

"Quitting merely because you’re behind is a trap, a form of hiding that feels safe, but isn’t. The math is simple: whatever you switch to because you quit is another place you’re going to be behind as well.It’s not a race, it’s a journey."  ~Seth Godin




Four years ago I bought into the premise that if I was going to be a "real" blogger, I needed to buy my own domain, and use a "real" blogging platform. So I did, but there was no magic in it. I struggled to post. I couldn't find my voice. I didn't know why I was even blogging. I just felt that I was supposed to.

Then the hosting company that I was using decided to charge me over $700 a year to renew in May instead of $129. I'm not sure it was worth the initial amount let alone 6 times that! So I finally pulled the plug and let it die.

I researched some other hosting companies. Some had really good deals, at least for the first year. But I've decided for my needs Google Blogger is just fine. It's free! Four years later and my posts are still here, just waiting for me to come back and start again.

I backed up the posts from those four years of my life but have no idea how to import them here. In the big scheme of things, I've decided it doesn't really matter. I'm not going to let that keep me from moving on.

I'm happy to be back here where it all started. I'm excited about blogging again. I'm so thankful that life is not a race, but a journey.

 "I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I doforgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead." Philippians 3:13





No comments:

Post a Comment