Mar 20, 2014

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder?

As some of my readers may know, I got married at the end of December in Edinburgh, Scotland. What a special and precious time. My husband is English and we are hoping he will be able to join me soon so we can start our married life together.

Most of my non-working time (other than sleeping) has been spent with him on Skype and in the process I have neglected my blog. Probably no one even really noticed that I haven't been posting. So maybe absence doesn't make the heart grow fonder as far as this blog goes. As for being absent from my husband, it is definitely making my heart grow fonder -- and stronger.

I made a discovery recently:  QuizUp  It finally became available for Android! (A pet peeve of mine is that we Android users always have to wait for the apps to make it into our world, but I digress). QuizUp is heaven for trivia lovers! You are able to pick from a wide variety of topics and you play against people from all over the world. I have played with people from over 25 other countries thus far and I've only been doing this for a little over a week.

When do I find time to do this?  I usually play right before going to bed. As it's timed, this is probably not a great idea. The category I'm excelling in is History, but one is creeping up on it -- The Hobbit! I couldn't sleep last night and my insomnia was rewarded:



What do you do when you can't sleep?  Maybe you can join me in QuizUp and try to beat my scores!  See you there!



"Games! Oh, we loves games! Doesn't we, Precious? 
Does it like games? Does it, does it, does it like to play?"


No comments:

Post a Comment