Mar 5, 2013

Twitter I Just Don't Get


In the following interview Richard Armitage makes the comment, "Twitter, I just don't get."


Much to my surprise, it was announced this afternoon by The Hobbit Movie, that tomorrow he will be answering questions on Twitter. What a pleasant surprise!




I would like to suggest to Richard some of the benefits of Twitter (shamelessly taken from a great post by Michael Hyatt):

  1. It will enable you to experience social networking first-hand.
  2. It will make you a better writer.
  3. It will help you stay connected to people you care about.
  4. It will help you to see a new side of your friends.
  5. It will introduce you to new friends.
  6. It is faster than text-messaging.
  7. It will make you think about your life.
  8. It will help you keep up with what people are talking about.
  9. It is fun!  Twitter is just plain entertaining.
I joined Twitter in April of 2008 -- almost 5 years ago, and I have found all of the above to be true. I have learned much and made some fantastic friends.  

Maybe, just maybe, Richard will enjoy the experience enough to come and join in the fun with his own account.  But, I'm not holding my breath, because "twitter, I just don't get." He's in good company, my sisters don't get it either.




Joy Dare: continuing to count 1000 gifts
gifts 91-104


Just a few of the people whom I would never have known existed if it weren't for Twitter.  
I am much richer for having been given the gift of their presence in my life:



“LinkedIn is for the people you know. 
Facebook is for the people you used to know. 
Twitter is for people you want to know”

2 comments:

  1. "He's in good company" - I think I'M in good company! :-)

    ReplyDelete