Feb 18, 2013

Gifts of Music and Paper


If you've been reading this blog you know that I have seen "The Hobbit" quite a few times. One of the trailers shown was for the movie "Man of Steel." At one point in the trailer there was such familiar music being played that after so many times listening to it, I just had to find out what it was. I resorted to using the app SoundHound on my phone. If you're not familiar with this app (and there are several others like it), you open the app and turn your phone towards the music being played that you want need  to know the name of and it more times than not, finds not only the song but also the performer and album it is on.  I have used it several time mostly in the car while listening to the radio.  (Mama and Daddy, if you're reading this, I never try to find a song while I'm driving).  I must admit I did feel a bit silly sitting in a darkened theater holding my phone up toward the screen, but it worked!

Much to my surprise it was a song from "Elizabeth: The Golden Age", but that's why it was familiar, as I really enjoyed that movie, and, ahem, have seen it a couple of times. (Really, I only have seen it twice). I was surprised because I didn't think they would "reuse" music from one movie to another. It is quite dramatic but then it was quite a dramatic scene in the movie.



While I'm on the subject of music in movies, my absolute favorite song from "The Hobbit" is "Misty Mountains."  My favorite instrumental from the movie is "Over Hill" as it combines both music from "The Lord of the Rings" (the sweet hobbit music) and "The Hobbit" (the majestic dwarves music). At 3:04 minutes it makes my heart swell and brings tears to my eyes, no matter how many times I hear it.

The incomparable gift of music...





3 Gifts on Paper
Joy Dare: continuing to count 1000 gifts

81.  All the printed music I've collected since learning to play the piano when I was seven years old.
82.  My daughter's hand prints on paper in a frame as a gift she made for me when she was just four years old.
83.  My ink footprint in my baby book.



No comments:

Post a Comment