Feb 9, 2013

The Clownfish and the Blizzard


Growing up in Iowa I am used to blizzards, but that doesn't mean I actually enjoy them. It seems that "Nemo" (couldn't they have picked something a bit more menacing?) is going to be a whopper of a storm.

Bangor 12-20 inches!



The Portland Press Herald picked up my tweet of the picture below and shared it in their story, "What Mainers Have to Say About the Snowstorm."


I have absolutely no idea where this is.  I had simply retweeted from photographer, cook book author, and B&B realtor extraordinaire, Dana Moos. You can find her on Twitter @DanaMoos

So we are all hunkered down for the next couple of days and we'll ride it out with typical Maine chutzpah.

Too many days have passed without me making mention of  "The Hobbit." (I have been just a wee bit preoccupied with Richard III).  The OneRing.net shared this today,  "Nine Mind-Blowing Reasons We Are Able to Enjoy The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Books and Movies" and it contained several interesting tidbits. Sean Connery had been offered to play the role of Gandalf!  Don't get me wrong, I think Sir Connery is a great actor, but as Gandalf?  I don't think so.
Connery turned down the part because he didn’t understand the script. Years later, he reflected upon the story after reading the books and seeing the films: “”I read the book. I saw the movie. I still don’t understand it.”  He did add something that we can all agree upon: “Ian McKellen, I believe, is marvelous in it.”

A Gift Broken, Fixed, and Thrifted
Joy Dare: continuing to count 1000 gifts

54. Broken:  "A broken and contrite heart, you will not despise." Psalm 51:17

55. Fixed:     my car

56. Thrifted:  a "new" jacket


2 comments:

  1. My car was fixed today too! Btw, I love your blog!~Emily Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading it, Emily.

      Love you!

      Aunt Valerie Lynn

      Delete