Jan 7, 2013

One Thing

As I said in today's earlier post, I planned on seeing "The Hobbit" for the twelfth time.  I did and enjoyed it immensely!  I notice something new each time I see it.  Today's viewing discovery was in the scene where Balin is recounting why Thorin hates orcs (the beheading of his grandfather, the disappearance of his father).  He finishes with a stirring line: "There is one I could call King."  As Thorin turns I noticed the trace of a tear, barely visible, on the right side.  Whether Mr. Armitage intended for it to be there, I do not know, but it makes that scene even more endearing to me.

Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield in "The Hobbit"



Today's Joy Dare

One thing in my bag, my fridge, my heart...

17. In my bag:  my camera.  Yes, I always have my smart phone with me, but sometimes you just need to haul out the "real" thing.  I find I do reach for the phone first to grab that shot instantly and the camera in it does take good pics, but nothing like the real thing.  It's only the point and shoot variety, a Canon something or other.  To most photographers it wouldn't be considered "real", but it is to me.

I realized today looking back through the past months of pictures on this blog, I miss taking a photo a day.  I participated in it for 8 months and the need to capture a moment each day really took hold.  So expect more pictures!

18. In my fridge:  skim milk.  You can't grow up on a farm in Iowa and not love milk.

19. In my heart:  My baby sister and I had a conversation yesterday about God giving us the desires of our heart.
"Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."   Psalm 37:4
There is something I am asking God for, that one thing in my heart, that if granted, would be truly and wonderfully miraculous.



No comments:

Post a Comment