Jan 4, 2013

Old, New, and Blue

Today's Joy Dare prompt is a a gift old, new, and  blue (gifts 11, 12, and 13).  My sister Cheryl, who is only 18 months younger than me, knows me very, very well.  She is aware that I've been struggling with a certain issue the past few weeks.

She also knows how much The Lord of the Rings books and movies mean to me and how much I love them.  Today I received the following card from her with my all time favorite LOTR quote in it:

"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. 
A day may come when the courage of men fails, 
when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, 
but it is not this day. 
An hour of woes and shattered shields, 
when the age of men comes crashing down! 
But it is not this day! 
This day we fight! 
By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, 
I bid you stand, Men of the West!”

She also included a personal note, which will stay...personal.

The card is new and blue and expresses an age old sentiment.  What a precious gift this is to me.  
Cheryl, nothing you could have sent spoke to me more profoundly than this gift.  I love you sister!





1 comment: